If you love working in exciting, creative industries and want a chance to grow in and away from the workplace then read on…
We’ve got a vacancy open for an Assistant Producer at our production company based in Wilford, Nottingham.
We create exciting video and creative content for professional football bodies, charities, and modern businesses with an established and expanding portfolio of clients.
Applications are being accepted until 18th August.
The ideal candidate
Above all we’re looking for the right attitude. We want someone who’s first response to a problem is to be helpful, someone who strives to create better. If these two things make you happy then you’re a long way to getting the job already.
Other things we’re looking out for:
- A background in video production through education, work or work experience desirable.
- Positivity and enthusiasm is essential
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite with Premiere Pro being a must and After Effects is a bonus
- Interest in the latest video production tech and how it can be used to make better videos
- Be willing to travel to get that story – this job is fun but 9-5 it is not!
- Be a great communicator who will get on with people from a wide variety of ages and backgrounds
- A keen interest in sport, notably football, is a bonus
- Knowledge of how video is used across social media and ideas on how to make it better
- A willingness to learn and improve what you do is essential
- Demonstrate awareness of latest video trends and techniques
- Have the confidence to run video shoots in a small team, keeping a cool head in all situations
- The ability to work under pressure and meet pre-set deadlines
- Excellent written communication skills – think anything from email, to script writing to communicating a concept or brief
- Having a great sense of humour is a must
- Attention to detail – spotting the tiniest detail in a video or brief can be the difference between a good job and a great one
- Must have access to own vehicle with a clean license.
The stuff we’re looking for from you
Within this role, you’ll get the opportunity to do the following:
- Work in a creative environment alongside a creative team who don’t take life too seriously but still produce amazing work
- Carry out face-to-face interviews on camera. You’ll be calm behind camera and able to make your subject feel comfortable too
- Pitch your own creative ideas and briefs to a team that is always open to trying new things
- Thoroughly plan shoots with all the details required to brief people you’re working with
- Direct your own videos working alongside professional video teams
- Opportunity to travel the country meeting a wide variety of people and the odd celeb along the way too
- Develop your skills
- Work alongside professional editors to help bring your video visions to life. Sometimes you’ll even work on the edit yourself
- Keep an organised log of all the footage
- Ensure all footage is backed-up correctly and the main hard drives are maintained to ensure they always have capacity for our active projects
- Drink coffee, a lot of coffee.
Our people are important to us. We believe in our team. We know that people reward our approach to personal progression and responsibility with hard work. There’s no limit to what you can become as long as you’re willing to roll up your sleeves, get stuck in and love what you do!
The other stuff from us
- 25 days annual leave (exc. Bank Hols)
- Competitive starting salary up to £22k per year
- Access to generous company pension plan (4% : 5%)
- Access to company health insurance
Think you measure up? Then drop us a CV and a note telling us why you think you’re the person to fill this vacancy. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Remember, we’re accepting applications until 18th August, so get applying!
Jon and Ash – The Media Group
Vacancies@themediagroup.co.uk 0115 824 4400